Pages

Productivity Tools

List of top productivity tools I have been using for some time.

Anki is a simple yet powerful flashcard generating program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.

This software has literally changed my life, I make flashcards of all the stuff I learn on the web, like some cool javascript hack or some elegant python script, it all goes to anki, and once in a week I review it to brush it all up.

While I use anki mainly ro retian my development notes,you can do a lot with ANKI:
  • learning a language
  • studying for medical and law exams
  • memorizing people's names and faces
  • brushing up on geography
  • mastering long poems
  • even practicing guitar chords!
Anki comes packed with a lot of features
  • Review anywhere. Anki lets you study on your own computer, online, on your cell phone or other portable devices like an iPod touch.
  • Synchronization features let you keep your information across multiple computers.
  • Shared decks allow you to divide work between friends, and let teachers push material to many students at once.
  • Intelligent scheduler based on the SuperMemo SM2 algorithm.
  • Flexible fact/card model that allows you to generate multiple views of information, and input information in the format you wish. You're not limited to predefined styles.
  • Fully extensible, with a large number of plugins already available.
  • Optimized for speed, and will handle reviewing decks of 100,000+ cards with no problems.
  • Clean, user-friendly interface.
  • Open Source
Trello.com

Trello lets you organize  ideas and manage big projects.
I have been using trello to collect all ideas I get during the day, and work on them later.
Its amazing , you can even share your to do list with your co-workers, to work on a collaborated project together
Just a few days ago, trello guys got 1 million users strong, http://blog.trello.com/thanks-a-million/


Kippt.com organizes your bookmarks and links for you.One thing I love about kippt is that it treats your link like a treasure.
You can comment on links, like them , share, and even collaborate on links posted by others.

Ever since I started using it , my bookmark management has improved greatly, I can now find out link to some great old article I read few weeks ago in seconds.
It also comes with a chrome extension, which can be downloaded here.